RSS

Mad Men For The Holidays



 'Tis the season for lots of holiday parties and dinners.  Better get ready and amp up your wardrobe with some classy dresses because you don't want to be seen wearing the same one.  


This season, I'm going MAD!!  Mad Men style that is.  For the holidays, I always like the classy 1950's retro look.  It's difficult to pull off that look unless you know where to go for that tailor fitted look without paying an arm and a leg.  Unlike my best friend Jen, I never have any luck in thrift stores when trying to find the 50's shift dresses or clothes of that era for that matter, so instead I end up resorting to a simple black dress that I didn't want to spend money on in the first place.



Thank goodness there are online stores that can help you achieve that look without searching through second hand stores or breaking your budget to get that one (or several) perfect black dress(es).


My perfect black dress cost only $117 with shipping and taxes from a store called unique-vintage.com.





I've been on a search for this exact look for a year now and accidentally stumbled upon it while searching for a retro look.  The material is made of a medium weight stretched lycra and suppose to hug your every curve. There are many selection of well made dresses at Unique-vintage at very decent prices.  

Another one of my new favorite store with many retro dresses is Stop Staring Clothing.  Many form fitting dresses can be found here and I doubt you'll find anything over $200.  

After you pick out your dresses, watch this video to recreate that 1950's PinUp hair style.

Find a faux fur shawl, some red lipsticks, and dark red nail polish, you are ready to be fabulous and glamorous!  

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment